Pohela Boisakh Makeover | Traditional Version

So, the biggest celebration of Bengal's " THE POHELA BOISAKH " is knocking at the door. 14th April is the very first day of Bengali calender. Every year on 14th April the whole bengali nation from every corner of the world celebrate this day. There will be boisakhi mela's/fairs, concerts, puppet shows and lots more on the day. Girls wearing colorful sarees/ salwar suit rocks the city!!!

Like previous years humidity will be at it's highest peak on this day. Whatever dress you choose to wear you will need a simple makeover for this day. So, as we all know the real fact less or more whatever makeup you do it will melt in the heat. To keep that in head, here i tried using minimal makeup on my face rather than focusing on my eye makeup. :)


Firstly come to the face. No face makeup will be more appropriate
for this humid weather if  you a flawless skin which i don't have. So, what i did here is i used  a bit of  concealer to hide my dark circles and blemishes. I love contouring my face specially on my cheeks. So, did a cream contour first on that area and later settled it with a dark brown shadow followed by setting with a compact powder. This will help the contour to stay for a long time. At the end of my makeup used palladio rice powder as a finishing powder .


For the eyes i used a golden pencil eyeliner as base. Next added a yellowish golden shadow to my lid. Then for defining the crease added a dark brown shade. After that with a fluffy dome brush i took a light brown shade and blended the crease well. Added a cream color highlight to brow bone and inner tear duct.
Curled lashes, added eyeliner and mascara.
The reason behind choosing golden and brown as main color for the eyes because these are neutral colors and goes very well with every single dresses of your closet . :)
Boisakhi makeup is incomplete without a touch red!! So, putted on a bold orangy red lippi and that's it for the makeup!!!!!!!!!

Now come to hair. If you are wearing a saree do a bun or do a braid by adding some flowers. I'm not so comfortable in sarees so salwar suit is ok for me. I don't like simple braids at all so, did a fish tail braid with a big poof on the top.



Nothing can beat my love for reshmi churis. You can see that on my hands :) For those who don't know what reshmi churi is, it is a kind of shinny bangles made out of glass. By adding a big red tip/ bindi will complete your " TRADITIONAL BOISAKHI LOOK " .



Product list:

FACE:
1.Loreal bare naturale gentle mineral powder- 410 Light ivory.
2.Maybelline insta age rewind concealer- Medium moyen.
3.Palladio rice powder- Natural.
4.Jardana blush- 4 Cocoa for contouring.
5.Eclipse concealer palette for contouring.

EYES:
1.NYX Haute Jersey Leopard Couture Palette
2.Elf eye primer
3.Miss & Mrs. liquid eyeliner
4.Loreal voluminous carbon black mascara.

LIPS:
1.Revlon Colorburst Lipstick- 080 Coral

Try this makeover for this Boisakh. Let me know your feedback's.
I love hearing from you. :)
Thank You for reading my blog. Please share if you liked my work :)





CONVERSATION

Back
to top