MAYBELLINE CLEAR SMOOTH SHINE FREE FACE POWDER || REVIEW


Every day is not my makeup day but if I decide to wear any kind of makeup, pressed powder and concealer are my most preferable choice. Recently I have tried a new pressed powder from my favorite drugstore brand its “MAYBELLINE CLEAR SMOOTH SHINE FREE FACE POWDER”.




The compact is very thin, thinner than their other Maybelline compacts. This kinda packaging is good because it fits easily and doesn’t take much space in your makeup bag.  I got it from Watson’s, BKK. When I opened the compact to check its shade I saw its stark yellow! Without giving a second thought I just grabbed one for me. The shade I got is 02 Nude Beige.  It’s a yellow toned powder and matches perfectly to my yellowish Asian skin.



Applying the powder is smooth and silky. It's fragrance free and easy to blend. It blends well with duo fiber powder brush. The powder is light and I don't feel like it clogs my pores. The spf  20 is an added bonus. They say that they made this for oily skin women's, that the powder has oil absorbing qualities. Well, I find it’s true.

The powder gives a very matte & smooth look to the skin.  If you are a dry skin this stuff is definitely not for you. The powder reminds me of the rice powder by palladio ( review here ). Its texture is very similar to palladio one but palladio rice powder is not as much mattifying as this one. I find this powder cakes up very easily if I use puff or other normal powder brush rather than my duo fiber bushes. So be careful while using.

It offers light to medium coverage. As it’s a complete matte formula it’s quite long wearing and did not slide off during my five hours wear on humid a day.  I didn’t do any touch ups still my makeup looked exact same when I returned home.  Very much Impressed with this stuff!!






CONVERSATION

Back
to top